Thursday, July 3, 2008

Joy Sucking (A post from my wordpress bog) a reason to homeschool

If you have read my wordpress blog this might not be new to you.

JOY SUCKING

Joy sucking is probably the number one reason our boys are not in school. And, it’s something we fight about. Perhaps we are spoiled little brats, the whole lot of us. But, my husband and I usually work pretty darn hard to rearrange our life, put off dreams and desires and then reroute and find all new dreams which include little adults. My two oldest both attended public Kindergarten and half of first grade. By the middle of first grade they were sucked dry.

My first went to Kindergarten even though I thought we would homeschool. It was close, seemed safe and it turned out he enjoyed it and I enjoyed the break. My second wanted to go to school and bless his heart the lucky little soul he got the one Queen of Kindergarten teachers. She who lives in a tiny little speck of a town. She was a gem. She actually hugged children and got down on her knee to insure they knew they were cared for. That is a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you have enjoyed reading my blog. Your comment should be available soon.