Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Sharing the Harvest: A Guide to Community Supported Agriculture Sharing the Harvest: A Guide to Community Supported Agriculture by Elizabeth Henderson


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
I'm really enjoying this book so far. I just picked it up because I've been interested in CSA's the last few years. This book talks about the use of an account for CSA to allow those on foodstamps (which is now on a debit like card) to access CSA's. So, I guess I'll start searching for one that might possible accept my card. I would love to see some of my food money go somewhere better. The town we live in now is just not as supportive of an organic lifestyle.


View all my reviews.

An article to about being a CSA and how to accept food stamps/ebt cards.

As part of my search I found that a local group is trying to come up with some wise shopping alternatives to what is available at the moment. The Tacoma Food Coop is working on forming, but they have been working since 2006. Oh I hope there is a turn in the road soon for this. This area is definitely a low income area of Washington. Yet our housing prices are ridiculously high. I think growing and supporting our local farms is a movement for the people not just some luxury.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you have enjoyed reading my blog. Your comment should be available soon.