Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Eating in July

Ice cream

My mom dug out the hand cranked ice cream maker for the fourth.  It was a lot of fun.  The last time my kids had hand cranked ice cream, we only had the older three.  I think they were 2, 5, and 8 at the time. 

First. Cookie

We had our very first bakery cookie this month.  Around here all the grocery stores give the kids a free cookie.  He hasn't been able to really handle one yet.  He was just shoving everything in his mouth and not taking bites.  But, he was very patient and sweet and took wee little bites as we shopped.

Making a strawberry shake...yes there are strawberries in there somewhere!

Here she is making her strawberry shake.  She loves adding everything to the vitamix on her own.  The boys tried to correct her.  But, she was very certain it was a shake.  Of course, I told them all they were wrong.  She was definitely correct!


Super yummy salad!

This was an awesome salad made of everything I could find in the fridge.  Lettuce, red onion sliced super thin, jalapeno and garlic stuffed olives, bunny love carrot chips, tomato, avocado, and sprinkled with spike and pepper.  We had Goddess Dressing with it. 

Peach crisp

And, dessert. We love peach crisp.  I use fresh or frozen peaches if  I can find them.  But, I admit I keep canned peaches in my pantry just for crisp.  We love to make up extra to eat for breakfast, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you have enjoyed reading my blog. Your comment should be available soon.