Saturday, April 3, 2010

Meal Planning

We recently got another budget cut.  God willing he will bless us and we will get through each month.   I thought I would share some good links I'm using for meal planning.  Since, I'm actually out of the house a few times a week for the YMCA or to drop my Grammy off at her Tai Chi classes, I'm going to start doing smaller shopping trips.  My goal is to see how stretchy I can get.

I'm sure the next week will be full of deviled eggs.

Vegetable Pakora http://www.ManjulasKitchen.com or her youtube channel  If you are looking for an excellent source for Indian recipes this is the best.  I love Indian food.  It's comforting and can be very cheap if you can get spices in bulk and use produce common in your area.

Chocolate Oatmeal Cake I admit it.  I do like sweets.  I find if I make a sweet thing once a week, I don't feel deprived.  I usually make a sweet after a simple meal.  It encourages the kids to eat a meal they may not be excited about.

The Duggar recipes are big.  These are not foods I got to eat growing up.  I remember the first time I had tater tot casserole.  You can make tater tot casserole vegetarian and even vegan.  I never had casseroles growing up and I've never made them for my kids.  They aren't that fond of them.  But, sometimes it's nice to have an all in one dish.  My kids do like enchilada casserole and lasagna.  I usually make both of those in the crockpot.  They work well.

Taste of Home (which my Grammy insists on getting me.  I hardly use it because it's always so meaty and cheesy.)  had a section on layered salads this month.  They showed a taco salad.  We haven't had taco salad for a long time and I think that sounds yummy.  Either that or this yummy looking taco salad and cilantro, cucumber, and avocado dressing.

Greenish Tofu Curry.  My husband loves green curry.  I normally buy the jar at Trader Joes.  But, I would like to come up with my own recipe at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you have enjoyed reading my blog. Your comment should be available soon.