Sunday, July 11, 2010

The start of some gluten-free vegetarian meatballs.

I've been working back towards GF. There are definitely some health issues around this house. I don't know if they are all deemed mysterious. But, they can all be symptoms of Celiac disease. I know I can do it. I know I can do it.

I know I can do it and not end up eating meat again.



My kids love pickles. So, we always have the pickle jars from Costco.  I'm hoping they are GF.  They seem like it, but I would be bummed if they aren't.  Really bummed.  Also, I do know that cast iron is porous.  Right now I'm doing my best.  Getting rid of Grandma's cast iron pan is not on the list.  I'll think about though.  I'll consider it.  But, first let us see if this GF thing lasts.  

Veggie Meatball #2



Here is the brown rice cooking.

DSC08651

Veggies cooking a bit in the cast iron pan.

DSC08652
All of the goodies after I Vitamixed them.

It was a bit runny still. So, I did add some brown rice flour to get it to hold together better. I need to remember how well the vitamix works. It created a lot of juice from the veggies. I probably should have drained my beans more.  


DSC08653

Frying them up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you have enjoyed reading my blog. Your comment should be available soon.