Saturday, November 6, 2010

Kitchen Organization

I have a good size kitchen with a slightly strange layout.  I haven't figured out how to use it yet.  And, this is the second time I have lived in this house.  You would think I would have it down.  But, you must remember with me.  Back then I was newly married and a new mom.  I had only a husband and little baby to feed.  Seriously, I didn't need any room.  My cupboards were barren because well....I didn't need pots and pans and piles of dishes.  It took us forever to fill up the dishwasher.

Now I have four.  I am tired.  I am homeschooling.  We come and go.  Everyone is always hungry.

A real live action break

Enters oldest son....why is there nothing to eat...I hate curry....I am complaining because complaining is fun.

So, I am looking for some inspiration.
Down to Earth talks about her pantry here.

So, I made a menu.  Which I plan to repeat to boredom every week.  I need to put something on auto-pilot. I, also, created a shopping list for said menu.  So, I can just check off what we need/want and not spend forever shopping and guessing and wishing and wondering.  Cooking is no fun right now.  I will let you know when it is.  Right now, I don't want to think about it.  I don't want to hear how there is nothing to eat.


Breakfast 
M-Pancakes
T-Cream of Wheat
W-Eggs
T-Oatmeal
F-Muffins or Granola Bars
S-Waffles or French Toast
S-Cold cereal or leftovers

Lunch
M-Chickpea or tuna salad sandwiches/melts
T-Grilled Cheese & baked beans or soup
W-Peanut Butter and Jelly on bread/tortillas
T-Mac and Cheese & frozen veg
F-Fruit, Crackers, Cheese, deviled Eggs
S-Quesidillas or leftovers
S-Leftovers/Fend for yourself OR English Muffin Pizza & Salad

Dinner
M-Bean Burritos
T-Chicken, tofu, coleslaw, cornbread, rice
W-Church, leftovers or spaghetti
T-Chili and baked potatoes
F-Pizza
S-Curry Beef in crockpot, tofu, rice, frozen veg
S-Leftovers/Fend for yourself or Fried Rice





No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you have enjoyed reading my blog. Your comment should be available soon.