Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook



~*~*~*~*~


Outside my window...
the lake is frozen, the air is crisp, but by Golly it is still SUNNY in Washington.

I am thinking...
about planning the rest of our learning year.

I am thankful for...
boys who love being big brothers.

From the learning rooms...
we are listening to Hallelujah Handel,
reading about winter,
talking about seasons,
reading lots of books,
trying to figure out a few crafts to do...I think we are going to work on this recycled star wreath today.  

From the kitchen...
Banana Bread cake with blueberries.

I am wearing...
uggs that I have had for at least 15 years, pants, a long sleeve brown shirt with a teal short sleeve one over the top.  I don't know why, but layering shirts makes me feel young.  Anyone else?

I am creating...
absolutely nothing.  I still want to make a mobile (like this) for the baby. But, she puts everything in her mouth.  I'm not sure how good that would be now...



I am going...
perhaps for a walk.  Did I mention how cold it is?  But, our baby really loves walk and my post-preggo body is craving one.

I am reading...
Calm and Compassionate Children.

I am hoping...
for a calm and simple Christmas.

I am hearing...
boys playing with lincoln logs very loudly over the sound of Handel.

Around the house...
my Papa is working on our shower which decided to leak at some point this summer.

One of my favorite things...
knowing it's only a few steps away to visit with my own Grandma Cookie.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
read a stack of library books (mostly on Winter), make that recycled Christmas Wreath, walk everyday, visit the thrift store.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing...

(How deep the ice on the pond was yesterday.)
      

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you have enjoyed reading my blog. Your comment should be available soon.